- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded apple (about 1 large apple)
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a square snack cake pan or muffin pan with butter, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together brown sugar and egg. Add sour cream, applesauce and vanilla extract, whisking until smooth.
- Add flour mixture and slowly add milk, until well combined. Gently fold in shredded apple. Do not overmix batter.
- Divide batter evenly in prepared pan and bake for 15-17 minutes, or until tops are golden brown. Serve warm with butter.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.