Chocolate Cream with Mango Gelée
- Select 5-6 glasses and place them angled onto a muffin pan, use kitchen towels, loosely shaped aluminum foil or plastic food wrap to keep them in angled position. Set aside.
- Combine first listed gelatin and water in a microwave-proof bowl and set aside.
- Peel one mango. Cut fruit in cubes and add first listed sugar. Using a stick or standard blender puree until smooth.
- If mangoes were stored in a refrigerator mixture will be too cold to continue, therefore heat until lukewarm.
- Place gelatin in microwave for 10 seconds. Stir until dissolved. If needed reheat briefly but do not allow gelatin to boil! Add gelatin to mango mixture and whisk well.
- Pour mixture into angled glasses filling just one side. Place in refrigerator. Allow mixture to set before making chocolate cream, about 1 hour.
- Chop chocolate in small pieces and set aside.
- Mix second listed gelatin and water and set aside.
- Bring milk and second listed sugar to boil, remove from heat and allow to cool for 3 minutes. Whisk in gelatin mixture. When combined whisk in chocolate. Set aside for 5 minutes before adding heavy cream (not whipped).
- Set glasses upright and fill with chocolate cream. Return to the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Cut remaining mango in small cubes. Undesired pieces can be pureed with a touch of sugar and used as sauce on top of mango cubes.
- Decorate glasses with mango cubes and mango sauce.
- Serve chilled.