- 4 slices bacon - diced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- Kosher salt/pepper
- 4 teaspoons Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 9 ounces shaved Brussels sprouts
- 1 leek (white portion only) finely sliced
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Cook bacon in a small pan over medium heat until crispy. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon and transfer to a plate lined with kitchen towels. Set aside.
- Discard all but 2 tablespoons of bacon grease. Add to pan: mustard, sherry and sugar. Whisk to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Into a large bowl add: brussels, leek, eggs. Mix to combine. Add panko. Mix to combine. Form mixture into patties (approximately 1/4 cup each).
- Place oil into a shallow pan and heat over medium-high heat. Add patties (careful not to crowd the pan). Cook approximately 2 minutes on each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate lined with kitchen towels to absorb excess oil. Continue until all patties are cooked.
- Garnish fritters with crispy bacon and serve with creamy bacon vinaigrette dipping sauce.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Paula Jones @bellalimento.