Pumpkin Cream Cheese Pie with Bourbon Pecan Caramel Sauce
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon dried ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups half and half
Bourbon Pecan Caramel Sauce
- 1/2 cup firmly packed Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves
- Optional: 1 tablespoon bourbon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare a 9-inch deep dish Pure Butter Crust or use store-bought. To obtain a well baked non soggy pie crust blind bake first. Cut a piece of parchment paper into a circle a few inches wider than circumference of pie crust. Place cut parchment onto the pie crust and fill completely with dry beans or rice. Place in oven and bake for approximately 30 minutes or until crust is golden on edges. Remove from oven and scoop hot beans using an ice cream scoop. Brush with beaten egg and return to oven for another 5 minutes. Watch to ensure that crust does not bubble, if it does prick with a fork and gently press even. Let cool.
- Prepare Cream Cheese Layer: On lowest speed blend cream cheese and sugar. Once well combined and no lumps remain add egg and vanilla. Pour into pie shell and set aside.
- Prepare Pumpkin Layer: In a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients whisk eggs until no strings remain. Add pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt. Once well combined add half and half.
- Gently drizzle filling over cream cheese layer to ensure that layers will remain intact and no marbleizing will occur. Depending on actual depth of pie shell, not all the filling may fit. If so, place any excess filling in a ramekin and bake as an individual dessert.
- Place in oven and bake pie until it no longer trembles in the center, about 55-65 minutes total.
- Allow to cool for one hour before placing in the refrigerator.
- Just before serving, prepare Bourbon Pecan Caramel Sauce: In a saucepan bring all ingredients to a boil excluding pecans and bourbon. Boil for three minutes ensuring that the mixture will not boil over. Remove from heat and stir in the pecans and bourbon (if using). Set aside and let cool slightly.
- For easy serving, cut pie first and place on plates, then spoon Bourbon Pecan Caramel Sauce on top.