- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup (packed) Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 16 caramel candies, unwrapped
- Optional: For rolling Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper (or a non-stick mat).
- In a stand mixer, beat butter and sugars until creamy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Add flour, cocoa powder and baking soda to butter mixture and stir until well combined.
- Roll 2 tablespoons of cookie dough into a ball. Using your thumb, press into the center and place the caramel candy in the hole. Then re-roll the ball to cover the caramel.
- Roll dough in sugar and place on prepared baking sheet, leaving room for spreading. Repeat until all dough has been used up.
- Bake for 10 minutes and remove from oven. Allow cookies to cool for a few minutes before serving. These cookies are best served warm so the caramel is gooey. To reheat cookies, pop them in microwave for 10 to 15 seconds.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.