- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 3 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cups all-purpose flour*
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 10-inch cake pan with butter; set aside. In a small bowl, whisk together cornmeal and milk; set aside.
- In a small sauce pan over medium-high heat, melt butter. Stir in brown sugar and cook until sugar has melted, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in blueberries. Pour mixture into prepared cake pan; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add the eggs, canola oil and vanilla extract, mixing well. Add the cornmeal mixture and mix until well combined.
- Pour batter over the blueberries and bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 30 minutes before inverting onto a cake plate. Serve warm.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.