- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour*
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Beat peanut butter, butter, honey, and brown sugar until smooth, about 1 minute. Add egg and vanilla and continue mixing until smooth, scraping sides as necessary.
- Turn mixer to low and add baking powder, salt, and whole wheat flour.
- Using a 2 tablespoon sized cookie scoop, portion dough onto lined baking sheet, and press down slightly. Bake for 10-13 minutes until edges begin to lightly golden.
- Remove from oven and lightly press down with fork twice, making a crisscross pattern. This step is optional, as you can leave the cookies puffy as well.
- Store airtight for up to 3 days.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Shelly Jaronsky @CookiesandCups.