*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Pre-heat oven temperature 350°F.
- Cream butter until smooth, add powdered sugar and cream further. Add egg yolk, vanilla, and salt, mix until well combined but not light and fluffy.
- Combine flour and coconut in a food processor and mix until coconut is chopped finely. (Without a food processor chop the coconut fine using a knife).
- Add coconut- flour mixture in one step to the creamed mixture and mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Press dough flat on a plastic food film lined cookie sheet and chill in the refrigerator until firm enough to roll. About 1 hour or leave overnight.
- This dough tends to become soft very quickly during rolling. Tip: place 2 cookie sheets filled with ice cubes on the area where you will be rolling dough. This will keep dough longer cool and make it easier to work. Using the least amount of flour during rolling will give the most delectable result.
- Turn on oven. Sprinkle the work surface with a small amount of flour and roll dough 4 stacked credit cards thick. Cut into circles or desired shapes and place on parchment or silicone baking mat lined or buttered cookie sheets.
- Bake until golden, about 12 minutes, baking time will depend on thickness of cookies.
- Remove 1/6 of royal icing and tint it green. Cover green and white royal icing tightly with plastic.
- Fill a paper piping bag with white royal icing. Cut away a small tip from piping bag and pipe a border of royal icing on each cookie. (Do not fill the center yet!).
- Make white and green colored royal icing slightly thinner by adding a few drops of water. Test some royal icing on a plate and check how it flows. It needs to flow slowly but smoothly. Do not make too thin!
- Fill a piping bag with green icing and one with white icing.
- Using white icing, pipe in between borders, once filled you can tremble cookie to help the smoothing process.
- With green piping bag pipe 3 dots as a clover and pipe a stem.
- Repeat with remaining cookies.