- 1 1/4 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour*
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- In a large non-stick skillet combine all ingredients and mix well. Place skillet over medium-low heat and stir until sugar has dissolved completely and mixture is thick and golden brown, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat, transfer to a heat resistant bowl and allow to cool for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes place in fridge for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line two baking sheet with parchment paper. Drop cocada batter by the spoonful onto prepared baking sheets and shape with damp fingers. Bake for 15 minutes. Allow to cool on baking sheet.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Vianney Rodriguez @sweetlifebake.com.