- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 tablespoons (or more) instant coffee
- Optional: 1/3 cup coffee liquor
- Optional: 1/2 cup toasted almonds
- Optional: Coffee beans for decoration
- In a saucepan boil cream, milk and sugar. Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla and coffee extract. Place saucepan in bowl filled with ice cubes.
- When most ice cubes have melted, renew ice cubes and cover pan, sprinkle a cup of salt on ice cubes to get ice cream mixture super cold. (To ensure a smooth ice cream it is essential that ice cream mixture is as cold as possible when pouring it in the ice cream maker.) Add coffee liquor if using.
- Taste ice cream mixture. If you desire a stronger coffee flavor you can add additional instant coffee. Do so by mixing instant coffee with a very small amount of water and then add to above.
- If you plan to serve ice cream in demitasse cups, place cups in freezer to get cold now.
- Churn ice cream according to machine manufacturer’s directions.
- Fill cups and smooth surface with back of a knife or metal spatula. Place immediately in freezer.
- If desired decorate with toasted almonds on edges and a whole coffee bean.