- Bring sugar and water to a boil over medium-high heat in a small saucepan. Simmer briefly, stirring until the sugar is fully dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- In a blender, combine blueberries with 1/2 cup of the sugar syrup until very smooth. Strain mixture through a fine mesh sieve, pushing liquid through with a spatula or spoon. Discard solids.
- Stir in lemon juice, tequila, and a small pinch of salt. Cover and refrigerate until well chilled, at least a few hours or up to overnight.
- Remove sorbet mixture from refrigerator and quickly whisk until smooth. Churn sorbet in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's directions. Transfer sorbet to a freezer-safe container, tightly seal, and freeze until ready to serve.
- Allow sorbet to soften briefly to help with scooping and for best texture.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Chris Cockren at Shared Appetite.