- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup packed Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Beat butter, 1 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla until well blended.
- On low speed, gradually beat in flour mixture until well blended. Gently stir in chocolate chips and cherries. Do not overmix.
- Drop dough by tablespoonful onto prepared cookie sheets, spacing 2 inches apart. Flatten dough with the bottom of a glass dipped in the 1/2 cup granulated sugar.
- Bake 10 – 11 minutes or until center of cookies are set. Do not overbake. Move to wire rack to cool.