- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup rice crisp cereal
- 1 cup roughly chopped gingersnap cookies
- 2 bags (10-12 oz) bittersweet or semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 bags (10-12 oz) white chocolate chips
- Gingersnap cookies
- Line a rimmed cookie sheet with parchment or waxed paper. Heat brown sugar and butter in a skillet over medium low heat, stirring until combined and melted. Stir in ginger, then rice crispy cereal. Stir and cook until cereal is coated and golden. Remove from heat. Toss toasted cereal with chopped gingersnaps.
- Reserve 1/4 cup bittersweet chocolate chips. In a microwave safe bowl, heat remaining bittersweet chocolate chips on 50% power in 30 second intervals, stirring after each. Once melted, stir in cereal mixture until coated. Spread onto the prepared pan. Let set up at room temperature, or place in refrigerator until set.
- Melt white chocolate chips in same manner. Spread on top of bittersweet chocolate with an offset spatula. Press whole gingersnap cookies into white chocolate.
- Melt remaining bittersweet chocolate. Pour into a pastry bag or ziptop bag. Snip tip and drizzle over bark. Let bark set, either at room temperature or in refrigerator. Once set, use a large sharp knife to cut into pieces.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Bridget Edwards @Bake at 350.