- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 1 1/2 cups whole walnuts
- Cinnamon, to taste
- Combine sugar, water, vanilla extract and salt in a sauté pan. Bring to a boil.
- Add walnuts and toss into syrup. Cook a few minutes and until most of the syrup is evaporated. Remove from heat. Stir walnuts until a white grainy coating develops on their surface.
- Turn heat back on to medium and toss walnuts until white coating caramelizes.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and remove from heat. Let walnuts cool on parchment pape or silicone baking mat.
- Store airtight.