- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup peach preserves
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper, letting paper hang over sides.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Cream butter and both sugars in the bowl of an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add egg and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Add flour mixture and mix until just combined. Add oats and mix until incorporated.
- Divide dough in half and press one half into the bottom of the prepared pan. Spread jam over base. Crumble remaining dough over jam. Sprinkle almonds evenly over top.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 15 minutes. Use the paper to pull out of pan and let cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Imperial Sugar Insight
We made our recipe with peach jam, but any flavor of jam would work just as well.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Bree Hester @bakedbree.com.