These place cards double as a festive ornament for your Christmas tree. You can use heavy duty wrapping paper or scrapbook paper to match your table settings or holiday decor. You could even use pretty paper from old Christmas cards and start a tradition of opening last year's cards again to make these ornaments. Homemade ornaments are truly from the heart, and making these for someone else is a kind and thoughtful gesture. Make each one of these your own and personalize with different types of glitter or decorations. Take this craft a step further and glue photos to the paper. Use your imagination and make these homemade ornaments your very own.
- scrapbook paper or heavy duty wrapping paper
- paint pens
- decoupage glue
- foam brush
- cookie cutters
- bakers twine or ribbon
- Trace the outline of your cookie cutter onto the paper. Cut out.
- Write names with paint pens. Let dry.
- Tie a piece of bakers twine around the top of the cookie cutter.
- Brush the edges of the paper and the cookie cutter with decoupage glue. Adhere the paper to the edges. Let dry. Trim as necessary after they are dry.
- Place on table or hang on tree.