- Praline Sauce
- 1/2 cup (2 sticks) salted butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup packed Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Whipped Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup crushed milk chocolate toffee candy bar pieces
- 16 oz pound cake, cubed
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add cream, brown sugar, and dark corn syrup. Stirring constantly, bring mixture to a boil. Boil for two minutes, stirring constantly. Pour mixture into a glass (or any heat-safe) bowl and place in the refrigerator until thickened and room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place pecans on a baking sheet and bake for about 5-7 minutes, until toasted and dark brown. Remove from oven and let cool. Stir into cooled praline sauce.
- Pour heavy cream and powdered sugar into the bowl of your mixer. Beat on high speed until whipped stiff. Fold in milk chocolate toffee pieces.
- Layer cubed pound cake pieces into to the bottom of small jars, bowls, or a large trifle dish. Spoon pecan praline sauce over the top, then layer whipped cream on top of that. Repeat layers, finishing with a drizzle of praline sauce.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Kristan Roland @bakescupcakes.