- In a heavy bottom stock pot, heat corn syrup, brown sugar, eggs, butter, and salt over medium heat. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and stir in pecans. Cook over a low boil for 8-10 minutes, until mixture begins to thicken. Add vanilla extract, stirring until fully incorporated.
- Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- In a frying pan, heat oil to 360°F.
- Lay an egg roll wrapper on a board. Fill with about 1/4 cup of cooled pecan pie filling. Using your fingers, wet edges of egg roll wrapper with water. Fold wrapper over filling, fold sides in, and roll tightly. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- Drop 2-3 egg rolls into hot oil. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove to a wire rack to drain and cool.
- Serve topped with whipped cream.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Erin Sellin @Dinners, Dishes & Desserts.