Who's behind this wrapped-up cutie? A pumpkin, of course! No knives or scoops needed here - these Mummy Pumpkins are a no-carve, easy Halloween craft project that will make your kids shriek with delight!
Make your own glue using a sugar paste - and wrap up pumpkins of all sizes to spook your neighbors and friends. You can also give them away as a super cute Halloween decoration.
See below for step-by-step instructions on how to make these easy Halloween decorations. Teachers love these too! Just make the "glue" out of the sugar paste, paint it on the pumpkin and use gauze to wrap and make the spooky mummy.
Kids will love this easy and fun craft. You can add more decorations to your pumpkin and make each one different. Or, make a mummy pumpkin family of all shapes and sizes.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Paint brush
- Pumpkins (can use plastic or real pumpkins)
- Cotton gauze
- Googly eyes
- Mix flour, sugar, water and oil in a pot and stir over low heat until well combined and smooth in texture to make glue.
- Open the package to your gauze and use scissors to cut off small strips.
- Using your paint brush, apply some of the glue onto the pumpkin then attach the gauze.
- Keep doing this in a random pattern to make it look like a mummy.
- Glue on the googly eyes to the front of the pumpkin.
- Take two more small strips of the gauze and place them lightly over the eyes to make it look like the eyes are peeking through.