Hazelnut Simple Syrup
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup hazelnut liqueur, such as Frangelico, OR 3 tablespoons hazelnut extract
Hazelnut Mocha Cafe Latte
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Hazelnut Simple Syrup (more or less to taste)
- 1/2 cup (4 oz) brewed espresso OR extra strong coffee
- Prepare Hazelnut Simple Syrup. Heat sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and cool completely. Once cooled, stir in hazelnut liqueur or hazelnut extract. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Brew espresso or extra strong coffee and add 1/4 cup (2 oz) into the bottom of two mugs. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk milk, cocoa powder, and sugar together and heat on medium-low heat until very hot. Once very hot, remove from heat and add Hazelnut Simple Syrup. Whisk rapidly to create foam. Pour liquid evenly into each mug, holding foam back with a spoon. Spoon foam on top of each latte. Top with whipped cream, chocolate syrup, and chopped hazelnuts, if desired.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jessica Kraft @sprinklesomesugar.