- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, and salt. In another medium bowl, whisk sugar, butter, eggs, milk, and vanilla. Mix dry mixture into wet and stir until combined, being careful to not over mix.
- Transfer half of batter to a separate bowl.
- Stir melted chocolate into reserved batter. Dollop each batter into cake pan. Use a knife to swirl batters together.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, remove from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- To make glaze, melt chocolate chips and cream in a double boiler over a pan of simmering water. Stir in corn syrup. Pour glaze over cooled bread. Let set for 30 minutes before slicing.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Bree Hester @bakedbree.com.