- In a small sauce pan combine cherries, sugar, lemon juice and water. Bring to a boil, and cook for 3-5 minutes until the sugar is completely dissolved and the cherries start to break down.
- Pour into a blender or food processor, or and process until smooth. Be careful when blending hot foods.
- Place in fridge for 4-6 hours or until chilled.
- Pour into an ice cream maker, and allow to churn for 20-25 minutes, according to the instructions. Put in an air tight container to freeze.
- To serve scoop sorbet into a glass and pour chilled Prosecco over the top.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Erin Sellin @Dinners, Dishes & Desserts.