- 2 cups cake flour*
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray doughnut pans with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Mix together flour, sugar baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder.
- In separate bowl mix together: buttermilk, eggs, butter and vanilla.
- Mix wet ingredients with dry ingredients until just combined.
- Spoon batter into a zip top bag. Snip edge and pipe into doughnut pan wells, filling only 1/2 full.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes OR until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Invert onto cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
- Place chocolate chips and coconut oil into a microwave-safe bowl. Use melt feature or heat in 30-second intervals, stirring in between until chocolate is melted.
- Dip doughnuts into chocolate. Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container for up to 2 days.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Paula Jones @bellalimento.