- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips (58%-65% cocoa mass)
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- In a small saucepan on medium-low heat, stir heavy cream and orange zest together and heat until very hot, about 10 minutes. Strain heavy cream and discard zest. Pour hot cream over chocolate chips, wait 1 minute, then whisk cream and chocolate chips together until completely smooth. Stir in orange juice. Chill chocolate mixture for 2-3 hours in the refrigerator until firm enough to scoop.
- In a small bowl, whisk cocoa powder and powdered sugar together. Using a cookie scoop, scoop out a small amount of firm chocolate, roll into a ball and toss in cocoa mixture. Repeat this step with the rest of the chocolate. Keep truffles refrigerated until ready to serve.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jessica Kraft @sprinklesomesugar.