*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat melt butter and bring to a boil. Stir butter, or swirl pan continuously until it reaches an amber color. Remove from heat and allow butter to cool for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x13-inch baking dish with foil and coat with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine butter and brown sugar and stir to combine. Add eggs, vanilla, baking powder, and salt and stir until smooth. Finally, add in flour and mix until just incorporated. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk granulated sugar and ground cinnamon together.
- Sprinkle half of cinnamon sugar evenly into bottom of prepared pan.
- Press dough on top of cinnamon sugar.
- Sprinkle remaining cinnamon sugar on top and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until edges are lightly golden.
- Place pan on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, use the foil to remove bars from the pan and cut into pieces.
- Store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Shelly Jaronsky @CookiesandCups.