- 1 (14 oz) bag shredded sweetened coconut
- 2 (3.4 oz) instant coconut pudding
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 (14 oz can) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (11 oz.) box of vanilla wafers
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spread coconut on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet in an even layer.
- Put the baking sheet on the middle rack and bake for 3 minutes. After 3 minutes, open oven and gently stir coconut with a spatula. Bake until coconut is golden brown, about 3–4 more minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together powdered pudding mix, milk, and condensed milk until smooth. Let sit for 3 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form.
- Fold whipped cream into pudding mix, until smooth.
- In a large bowl (or 8 individual mason jars) assemble the pudding. First, lay 1/3 of vanilla wafers across bottom of bowl. Top with 1/3 of toasted coconut. Cover with 1/3 of pudding mixture. Continue with 2 more layers, reserving a little toasted coconut to use as garnish.
- Cover pudding and let it rest in refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving. Can be made up to a day ahead.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.