- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 12 oz chocolate chips
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 large eggs
- 4 cups whole milk
- 6 medium bananas
- 2 teaspoons banana extract
- 4 cups crushed vanilla wafer cookies
- Crème Chantilly
- In a medium saucepan, combine heavy cream and 8 tablespoons sugar. Heat until very hot.
- Pour chocolate chips into a medium bowl. Pour hot cream over chocolate chips. Let sit 2 minutes. Stir until chocolate is smooth.
- In a large bowl combine 1 cup sugar, flour, cornstarch and salt. Mix together.
- In a small bowl, take 6 eggs and separate yolks from the whites. Set whites aside.
- Add remaining whole eggs to egg yolks. Add egg yolks to sugar mixture and mix well. Stir in 1 cup milk.
- Heat 3 cups of milk in a medium saucepan, when milk is warm whisk in the sugar and egg mixture.
- Cook on medium heat uncovered, until thick, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add in banana flavoring. Stir well.
- Peel and slice bananas.
- Place six jars on (or serving dishes) on a flat surface.
- Alternate layers of cookies, pudding, bananas and chocolate until jars are filled.
- Place jars into fridge until cold.
- Just before serving, top with Crème Chantilly.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Angie Barrett @BigBearsWife.