Perfect for a party favor or a table decoration, these adorable turkey bags are great for holding lots of yummy snacks. We've paired them with a Pumpkin Spice Cereal Snack. This activity is both a great recipe and a craft to do with kids. Get the family together or host a children's party this fall - and let kids get creative! They will love making this delicious snack - with pumpkin spices, chocolate chips, and peanut butter. Make the bags separately and them fill them with the snack.
When finishing the bags, you can even add fun pictures to the bag with a marker to make each bag unique. Take these to your neighbors as a "Thankful For You" gift around Thanksgiving time, or give them to teachers as a "Thank You For All You Do."
These mini paper bags can be found at your local craft store in the packaging section.
- Pumpkin Spice Cereal Snack
- 9 cups rice cereal squares
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mini kraft paper bags
- Orange, red, and yellow construction paper
- Black marker
Turkey Snack Bags
- Cut out feathers with construction paper. A staple in a fan shape. Set aside.
- Cut out a teardrop with red paper and a triangle with orange paper. Glue teardrop for the gobbler and the triangle for the beak. Glue to the bag. Use a marker to draw eyes.
- Fill bags with cereal snack. Fold to close, tape feathers to the back of the bag.
Pumpkin Spice Cereal Snack
- Add cereal to a large bowl. Set aside.
- Add powdered sugar and pumpkin pie spice to a 2-gallon zip top bag. Set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter, chocolate chips, and peanut butter on 50% power for 2 minutes. Stir until everything is melted and smooth. Add vanilla.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the cereal and stir until completely coated.
- Transfer to the bag and close tightly. Shake until well coated. Spread out onto a baking sheet to cool.