This paper bag craft is heavenly to do with your little angels. You can personalize the angels by choosing paper to match your child?s hair color. You can also use yarn instead of paper for the hair to give it more texture. This sweet craft can be a cute topper for your Christmas tree.
Our angels look like they are floating in the clouds with the addition of cotton balls on the bottom of the bags. You can attach ribbons to the angels to create a cute garland of floating angels for the holiday season.
- Edible Sugar Glue
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 6 white paper bags
- pink construction paper
- various colors construction paper for hair (yellow, brown, red)
- sugar glue
- black and red markers
- 12 (4-inch) paper doilies
- 6 gold pipe cleaners
- cotton balls
- Mix flour, sugar, water and oil in a pot and stir over low heat until well combined and smooth in texture. Let cool.
- Cut a piece of pink construction paper to cover the flap of the paper bag, or the bottom of the bag. Do not unfold the bag.
- Glue the pink on the flap to be the angel's face.
- Cut three pieces of paper for the hair. One the width of the bag for the bangs, and two other pieces for the strands of hair for each side. Cut thin strips to create individual pieces of hair. Glue onto the face.
- Draw on eyes and a mouth with a black marker. Make a small heart using a red marker for the nose.
- Fold two doilies in half and glue on the back of the bag for the wings.
- Fold the pipe cleaner to make a circular shape in the middle of the pipe cleaner.
- Twist and fold down. Secure the halo with a piece of tape. Fold pipe cleaner over the bag to go over the angel's head.
- Glue cotton balls to the bottom of the bag to be clouds.