- 16 oz fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1/4 cup riesling wine
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place strawberries and riesling in a bowl. Toss to combine. Set aside.
- Place butter in large skillet. Transfer to oven to melt butter.
- While butter is melting, into a large bowl mix together flour, sugar, milk, and baking powder. Add strawberries. Do NOT mix.
- Pour mixture into hot skillet. Bake for approximately 40 minutes or until bubbly and golden. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Paula Jones @bellalimento.