*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Line an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with parchment paper. (Rubbing a little oil on bottom and sides will make paper stick better.) Set aside.
- In a sauté pan melt butter. Add pecan pieces and stir on medium heat until butter has been absorbed by pecans. Set aside.
- In a saucepan large enough to hold all ingredients, combine sugars, cream, corn syrup, butter, and salt. Using a heat-resistant spatula, stir to a boil.
- Boil mixture to 237°F-238°. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Allow mixture to cool to 110°F-120°F. Stir in vanilla and pecan pieces.
- Pour into prepared pan and allow to set.
- After a few hours cut into desired size.