- 8 ounces fresh cranberries, divided
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup water
- 4 ounces vodka
- 3/4 cup cranberry-apple juice/cocktail
- Cranberry simple syrup (to taste)
- 2 ginger beers
- 1/2 apple, cored and sliced
- Prepare simple syrup (this can be done well in advance and is recommended). In a medium saucepan, bring 6 ounces of cranberries, sugar, and water to a simmer over medium. Stir to combine. Reduce heat, cook until cranberries are tender but haven't burst. Approximately 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool. Strain liquid and discard cranberries. Transfer to an airtight container and place in refrigerator until ready to use.
- When ready to serve, fill two copper mugs half way each with shaved ice. Into each cup add: half vodka, half cran-apple juice. Add desired amount of cranberry simple syrup to each. Top off with ginger beer.
- Garnish with remaining cranberries and apple slices.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Paula Jones @bellalimento.