- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup milk (skim, whole, or coconut)
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 2 limes zested and juiced
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Zest of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons sweetened shredded coconut
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper, or spray with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar together.
- In a separate bowl whisk together milk, eggs, and coconut oil until well blended. Add to flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Mix in coconut flakes, lime zest, and juice. Mix until just blended. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes until a tester comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes before removing from the pan and placing on a wire rack to cool.
- Once bread has cooled completely, prepare glaze.
- In a small bowl mix powdered sugar and lime juice until smooth. Drizzle over the top of bread. Immediately sprinkle with shredded coconut and lime zest. Let glaze harden before slicing.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Erin Sellin @Dinners, Dishes & Desserts.