- 3/4 cup (well packed) Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons honey
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves and or pieces
- 1/2 cup (well packed) Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, very cold
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, very soft
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line bottom and sides of a 9-inch round pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Prepare caramel by bringing to a boil first 4 listed ingredients. Remove from heat.
- Scatter pecan pieces on bottom of pan and top with cooked caramel. Set aside.
- Prepare streusel by placing second listed brown sugar and flour in a bowl. Grate very cold butter on small eyes of grater directly into flour. Toss around well and add cinnamon and salt. Rub mixture until it becomes crumbly. Set aside.
- For cake, sift together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- Mix butter until light and fluffy, add sugar and mix 3-4 minutes more.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well in between ensuring a light batter. Add vanilla and salt.
- Alternately, in about 3 increments, add sifted flour mixture and sour cream to above.
- Using a spoon or spatula spread half of mixture onto pecan caramel layer.
- Sprinkle streusel on top and cover with remaining cake batter.
- Place in oven and bake until center bounces back or an inserted toothpick comes out clean, about 55 minutes.
- Let cool slightly, then invert coffee cake onto a serving platter. Serve warm.