- Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- Creamsicle Icing
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 - 2 tablespoons of milk
- Orange gel food coloring
- 24 orange candy wedges
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 2 mini muffin pans with butter or non-stick baking spray.
- In bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar together on medium speed for 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth, scraping sides of bowl as necessary.
- Turn mixer to low and add baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Stir to combine. Finally, add flour and mix until incorporated.
- Using 1 heaping tablespoon of dough, roll into balls and place one dough ball in each mini muffin pan.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until edges are just starting to brown. Remove from oven and let cool in tray for 5 minutes. Using your finger, gently press in the center of each cookie cup. Then allow cookie cups to cool completely.
- Creamsicle Icing: In a large bowl, cream butter until smooth. Add powdered sugar and beat on low speed until combined, then on high until frosting is smooth.
- Add orange extract, vanilla extract and milk (start with 1 tablespoon and work up to 2 tablespoons if needed). Color with orange food coloring until desired color is reached.
- To assemble cookie cups, spread or pipe filling in center of a cookie cup. Press an orange candy wedge onto the edge. Repeat with all cookies.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.