- 8 oz shortbread cookies, finely crushed
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 6 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Flaked sea salt to garnish
- In a medium bowl stir together shortbread crumbs and butter. Press the mixture evenly into the bottom of an 8-inch tart pan. Place in freezer while you prepare the caramel.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add in the brown sugar and sweetened condensed milk and stir constantly until it comes to a boil. Continue stirring and allow the mixture to boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Remove the crust from freezer and spread caramel mixture on top of crust. Place back in freezer while you prepare your chocolate ganache.
- Place chopped chocolate in a medium bowl. Heat heavy cream in until it’s steaming, either in the microwave or in a small saucepan.
- Pour cream over chocolate chips and let it sit for 5 minutes. Once chocolate is soft, stir mixture until it’s smooth.
- Pour chocolate on top of caramel layer and freeze for 30 more minutes, or chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, or until ready to serve.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Shelly Jaronsky @CookiesandCups.
This is a great dessert to make in advance. It can stay chilled for up to 5 days, airtight.
Twix® is a registered copyright of Mars, Inc. All rights reserved.