- 1 cup shredded, sweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut rum
- 18-20 ladyfingers
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces mascarpone (or cream cheese), room temperature
- 16 ounces crushed pineapple, drained well
- Spread coconut onto a cookie sheet. Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once evenly golden, remove and set aside. (Coconut may also be toasted in a pan on the stove.)
- Drain pineapple with a fine sieve. Set aside.
- Brush half of ladyfingers on both sides with coconut rum and place in an even layer on bottom of an 8x8-inch or 9x9-inch pan. (The last ladyfinger or two may need to be broken to fit.) Brush top sides again.
- Whip cream and 1/4 cup sugar until soft peaks form. Add remaining sugar and vanilla and whip again just until stiff peaks form. Fold in mascarpone, then drained pineapple.
- Spread 1/2 of mixture onto the ladyfingers. Add another layer of ladyfingers, brushing each with coconut rum as with first layer. Spread remaining pineapple cream on top. Top with toasted coconut.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 6 hours before serving.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Bridget Edwards @Bake at 350.