Cream Soda Pound Cake
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons shortening
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups cake flour*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 ounces Cream Soda
Cream Soda Icing
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 cup Cream Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray and line with parchment paper, leaving a bit of overhang. Spray parchment paper with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter, shortening, and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, and then add vanilla extract. Add flour alternately with Cream Soda, mixing until well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of the cake comes out clean. Allow cake to cool for about 20 minutes before removing from pan.
- Place a cooling rack over a baking sheet, or a piece of parchment paper.
- Prepare icing by whisking together the sugar, Cream Soda and vanilla extract until shiny and smooth.
- Remove pound cake from pan and place on cooling rack. Frost pound cake with the Cream Soda icing. Place in refrigerator for about 30 minutes to set before slicing.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Aimee Broussard @AimeeBroussard.com.