- 6 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Pinch salt
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 - 1 cup Orange Marmalade
- Beat cream cheese, butter, sugar and salt together until smooth with no lumps, about 2 minutes. Beat in egg yolks, vanilla and lemon juice until fully combined. Add flour and mix until just incorporated without over-mixing. Cover bowl of dough and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Remove dough from refrigerator and roll about 1 tablespoon of dough each into balls and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Make an indentation in center of each ball of dough and bake cookies for 10 minutes (they should be very lightly golden on the bottoms). Remove cookies from oven and spoon orange marmalade into wells of each cookie. Return to the oven for 2 more minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven and allow them to cool for 5 minutes on the hot pan before transferring them to a wire rack to finish cooling completely.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jessica Kraft @sprinklesomesugar.
NOTE: Store-bought orange marmalade can be substituted for homemade.