- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, melted
Pumpkin Coffee Cake
- 3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 cup whole milk
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9X13-inch cake pan. Set aside.
- Start by making streusel topping. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, and cinnamon. Add melted butter and stir with a fork until crumbly. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl/stand mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs until smooth, then stir in vanilla, pumpkin, and sour cream.
- Beat in flour mixture alternately with milk, until batter is well combined
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Top batter with prepared streusel topping and spread into an even layer. Gently press into top of cake with your hands.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.