- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup pistachios (roasted and finely ground)
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup pistachios, chopped (garnish)
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons hot water
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Lightly spray a 9X5-inch loaf pan or a bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray and dust with flour.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and ground pistachios, set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the sugar, honey, butter, and both extracts until creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing until just combined.
- Add the flour mixture a little at a time, alternating with the sour cream.
- Once well combined, pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake at 325°F for about an hour, (checking at about the 55 minute mark) until the cake is golden brown, a toothpick inserted in the center comes out without raw batter (a few crumbs are fine) and the top is no longer giggly. Remove from oven and allow the cake to cool completely before removing to a wire rack.
- Prepare the glaze by combining the cocoa, butter and powdered sugar in a small mixing bowl. Add the hot water, 1 tablespoon at a time until the desired consistency is reached.
- Pour the glaze over the cooled cake. While the glaze is still wet, sprinkle the chopped pistachios on top.
- Place in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Aimee Broussard @AimeeBroussard.com.