Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 3/4 cups crushed graham crackers (15 full crackers)
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 (8- ounce) blocks cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 3/4 cups chopped pecans
- Prepare graham cracker crust: Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl mix graham cracker crumbs, butter, granulated sugar, and salt together evenly. Press mixture into bottom and up sides of 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake crust for 8-10 minutes, or until lightly golden. Set aside while making cheesecake.
- Prepare cheesecake: In bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix cream cheese and sugar on medium speed, until smooth, scraping sides of bowl as necessary.
- Turn mixer to low and add sour cream and vanilla; mix well, scraping sides of bowl as necessary. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition until just mixed. Don't overmix. Pour filling over crust and spread evenly.
- Double wrap bottom of springform pan with foil, sealing it tightly to prevent water from getting into pan.
- Place springform pan into a baking pan and pour very hot water into baking pan, until it’s 3/4- inch deep. Be careful to make sure water level doesn't come up higher than foil.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or until center is almost set. The center will still jiggle while edges will be set.
- Carefully run a knife around rim of pan to loosen cake. Allow cheesecake to cool at room temperature for at least an hour, then cover and transfer into refrigerator for 6 hours or overnight.
- Prepare pecan topping: Melt butter and brown sugar together in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Allow mixture to boil for one minute and then remove from heat.
- Slowly stir in heavy cream and salt until combined. Mix in pecans until evenly coated and allow to cool for 20 minutes. Spread pecan mixture evenly on top of chilled cheesecake.
- Release sides of springform pan before slicing.
- Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Shelly Jaronsky @CookiesandCups.