- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 whole large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups dark chocolate chips, divided
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup peppermint candies, crushed
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F degrees.
- In a bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Melt 1 1/4 cups dark chocolate chips.
- In an electric mixer, beat butter until creamy. Mix in sugar, vanilla, and peppermint extract. Mix until smooth. Beat in eggs.
- Add melted chocolate and mix until well combined. Pour in dry ingredients and mix until well-blended. Fold in remaining chocolate chips.
- Scoop 1-inch balls of dough onto a baking sheet, spaced about 2-inches apart. Bake for 9-10 minutes until edges are set. Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet for five minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, prepare glaze: Mix together sugar, peppermint extract, and milk. Adjust milk and sugar as necessary to get a consistency you can drizzle. After cookies have cooled completely, drizzle glaze over top of cookies. Immediately sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies. Allow chocolate to set before storing in an airtight container.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Erin Sellin @Dinners, Dishes & Desserts.