- 2 tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 (8 oz) can sliced water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
- 1 (8oz) package baby bell mushrooms, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- Romaine or Bibb lettuce
- Chopped peanuts (for garnish)
- Sliced green onions (for garnish)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- In a large skillet heat oil over high heat. Add ground chicken and start to break it apart. Add onions, water chestnuts, and mushrooms; mix well. Cook for 6-8 minutes until chicken is cooked through and the veggies are soft.
- Add garlic and ginger and cook for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix together all of the ingredients for the sauce. Pour sauce over chicken mixture stirring until well combined. Reduce heat to medium and let it cook for 3-4 minutes until everything is well coated and starting to thicken.
- Scoop a few tablespoons of chicken mixture over lettuce cups. Garnish with chopped peanuts and green onions to serve.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Erin Sellin @Dinners, Dishes & Desserts.