- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, soft
- 3/4 cups heavy cream
- 2 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons strawberry extract
- A few drops red food color
- 2 cups premium white chocolate chips
- Red sugar sprinkles, optional
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven at 310°F.
- For shortbread, mix soft butter with powdered sugar, salt, and vanilla extract until completely combined, but not until light and fluffy.
- Add flour and mix until firm dough forms.
- Press dough into a 9x9-inch pan preferably lined with parchment paper for easy removal.
- Prick dough all over using a fork and place in oven for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and turn upside down onto a kitchen towel or platter.
- When cool enough to handle cut in random pieces and set aside.
- For the fudge, prepare the pan. In a crisscross pattern place 2 sheets of parchment paper in a 8x8-inch or 9x9-inch baking pan. Ensure an overhang of paper. Spray with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a saucepan large enough to hold remaining ingredients combine powdered sugar, butter, heavy cream, marshmallows, and salt. On medium heat stir to a boil using a heat resistant spatula.
- Once boiling keep stirring for 4-5 more minutes retaining an even low to medium boil. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla, strawberry extract and red food color. Stir in and immediately add chocolate chips.
- Pour a small amount of fudge in pan and scatter shortbread pieces over it. Repeat with another small amount of fudge and follow with shortbread. Continue until all is used.
- If you desire clean cut edges wait 5 hours before cutting. You can place fudge in refrigerator to speed up cooling process.
- Pull fudge out pan by grabbing parchment edges and cut fudge into desired shapes.
- Sprinkle with red sugar sprinkles if desired.