Pistachio Lemon Bundt Cake
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon, approximately 2 tablespoons
- 1 (3.4 oz) box Instant Pistachio Pudding
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder (aluminum-free)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Optional 1/2 cup chopped pistachios to garnish
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Generously coat a 10 cup bundt pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix butter and sugar together for 2 minutes until fluffy. Add zest and pudding mix and mix until incorporated.
- Add vegetable oil, eggs, salt, and baking powder. Mix for 1 minute, scraping sides of bowl as necessary.
- Turn mixer to low and add flour and milk in alternating additions, beginning and ending with flour. Once incorporated, turn mixer to medium and mix for 30 seconds.
- Pour batter into prepared bundt pan and bake for 60-65 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool in pan for 20 minutes, and then invert pan onto a wire rack or cake plate to cool completely.
- To prepare icing, place all ingredients in bowl of a stand mixer and mix on medium speed for 2 minutes, or until creamy and smooth.
- Spread frosting on cooled cake and garnish with chopped pistachios.
- Can be stored airtight for up to 3 days at room temperature.
For best results, use a new package of aluminum-free baking powder. Older baking powders, or those which include aluminum in the ingredients, can result in a metallic after-taste.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Shelly Jaronsky @CookiesandCups.