- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
Chocolate Ganache Filling
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 21 oz can cherry pie filling
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 3.4 oz instant pudding mix, vanilla flavored
- Sliced almonds
- Mini chocolate chips
- Chocolate shavings
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Lightly grease a 8-inch springform pan.
- Melt 3/4 cup of butter over medium-high heat. When butter is completely melted, remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips. Stir until completely melted and smooth.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, salt, vanilla, eggs, and cocoa powder.
- Mix in melted chocolate. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool completely in pan.
- Make chocolate ganache by mixing together 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream with 1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips over medium heat until smooth.
- Spread ganache on top of cooled cake in while still in pan.
- Use a fork to remove cherries out of pie filling and layer them over ganache. Set aside jelly-like remainder of filling.
- Make whipped cream topping by whisking together 2 cups of heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and instant pudding mix for 5 minutes on high speed with an electric mixer. Once stiff peaks form, spread whipped cream on top of cherry layer.
- Spread remaining cherry pie filling on top of whipped cream and garnish with sliced almonds, chocolate shavings, and miniature chocolate chips.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Ashton Swank @keatseats.