Red Velvet Bundt Cakes
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup oil
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 0.3 oz red food color (one small bottle)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, soft
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 pint raspberries (optional)
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter and flour 6 mini bundt pans or use baking spray and set aside.
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda and set aside.
- Whip oil and sugar until well combined; add egg, red food color, and salt and mix well. Scrape sides of bowl.
- Add buttermilk and vinegar and scrape really well.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Divide cake batter evenly into 6 cake pans and place in preheated oven. Bake for approximately 22-25 minutes or until cakes bounce back when lightly pressed in the center with a finger.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before turning over and removing from pan. Let cool before frosting.
- For cream cheese frosting, mix soft cream cheese with vanilla extract and gradually add powdered sugar.
- Fill frosting in a piping bag or frost cakes with a spoon. Decorate with raspberries.