- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 egg, plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 1/2 cups (8 oz) coarsely chopped Kit Kat bars, plus more for garnish
- 3/4 cup chopped chocolate or chocolate chips, melted
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment mix butter and both sugars together on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add in whole egg, egg yolk, vanilla, baking soda, and salt and mix for 1 minute until smooth, scraping sides of bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour, mixing until just combined.
- Stir in chopped Kit Kat bars evenly.
- Remove bowl from mixer and drizzle in melted chocolate. Using the back of a wooden spoon, swirl melted chocolate throughout cookie dough, making sure to leave ribbons of chocolate.
- Using a large (3 tablespoon) cookie scoop, drop portions of dough 2-inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes until edges are lightly golden.
- If desired, immediately press extra chopped Kit Kat bars onto warm cookies.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Shelly Jaronsky @CookiesandCups.
Kit Kat® is a registered trademark of The Hershey Company. All rights reserved.