- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup mini marshmallows
- 4 ounces semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees. Grease and flour an 8-inch baking dish. Or line with foil, and spray with non-stick spray.
- In a bowl combine melted chocolate with canola oil. Add sugar and eggs. Mix until well combined. Stir in flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until a tester comes out mostly clean. Remove from oven and let brownies cool completely.
- To prepare chocolate mousse, heat marshmallows, chocolate chips, and milk in a saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally until melted. Remove from heat and cool completely.
- Once chocolate is cooled, whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Slowly add in cooled chocolate until well combined and stiff peaks reform.
- Spread over cooled brownies. Store in the refrigerator for 2 hours to set before serving.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Erin Sellin @Dinners, Dishes & Desserts.